Character Map Properly Proportioned, 1 Character Left!

Here we can see now that our main character Solomon is the correct proportion to the other characters in the episode, and so now any zooming we do with the symbols will maintain the consistent integrity throughout the different models, as opposed to distracting your eye with obvious pixelation and graphic edits that make an animation "clunky" when we obviously want something more seamless.




Believe it or not, I had to resize each layer a second time for every symbol, which is what took so long. I literally got stuck all day on resizing vectors, which is why it's so important to have a good character proportion chart to work off of FIRST! I've put this in my notes for next time...

Stay tuned, I've got one more character (this time I'm going to proportion the screenshot to match the approximate size of the character sheet and do it that way, I'm certain it will save me time) and then we are DONE BUILDING CHARACTERS!

NEXT STEP: Story Board Draft/Animatic, where I will be laying out exactly where each character will stand in each scene. The producers have asked to be a part of this process, so I'm not exactly sure how long it will take, but I will be providing you up-to-date screenshots here and sharing on my Twitter (follow @smirkstudios to stay up to date on all the things I'm up to in the studio!).


Need your project animated? Email me and we'll get you on the waiting list!


Animation and Graphics produced at Smirk Studios for project "The Boros" using Adobe Animate.

All rights reserved. More info as the project unfolds! Keep it posted here for more updates on the production of "The Boros."

Art/Animation by Joshua H. Metz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROJECT NEARING COMPLETION

First Character Doll Completely Built